Grafia − Association of Visual Communication Designers in Finland
Grafia is a professional organisation which seeks to promote expertise in and understanding of visual communication design, and to look after the professional, juridical and economical interests of its members.
Grafia members are employed in various sectors within the field of visual communication: from graphic design to marketing communications and digital visual design or from illustration and layout design to teaching, research and study of the graphic design field.
* Founded in 1933
* Approximately 1000 members
* Run by a nine-member board
* Founding member of Icograda (International Council of Graphic Design Associations) and member of Nordisk Visuell Kommunikation
* Vuoden Huiput – The Best of Finnish Advertising and Design competition since 1980
* Courses and seminars organised for members
* The Grafia magazine, website and other information directed to members and other interest groups
* Advice and legal aid in copyright questions
* Graphic Designer of the Year award, Muotoilijat - Designers event together with Ornamo
* Rudolf Koivu prize every second year
* Participation in the Mikkeli Illustration Triennial organisation
* Participation in the Lahti International Poster Triennial organisation